Monday, February 11, 2008

GOOD-BYE KINKO'S

Back in the day I self-published several zines, and can remember the late nights at the local Kinko's xeroxing massive amounts of pages that would eventually be folded and stapled and delivered to any mom and pop shop that would let me sell them at their site.

But the downside to self-publishing as one quickly learns is that the costs are almost exorbitant to produce the number of issues one needs to get even barely noticed.

This brings me to this site which I learned about from Bill Cunningham's blog Pulp 2.0. The future is here my friends. We can now be the writers, publishers, and editors that we always wanted to be and more. We can now produce online zines for the world to see and read. No genre is out of reach. We can do virtually anything our hearts desire, comics, film magazines, horror zines, pulp fiction, and more. The road of our new futures is becoming far more smoother each day.

Now I just have to dig in my book of ideas and see what I can come up with. Stay weird!

No comments: