Monday, September 22, 2008

UPDATE: 9-22-08

I'm still moving at a slow pace. The spy genre serial has taken a unexpected backseat and I am feeling a bit bereft of any enthusiasm for writing and even filmmaking. I've taken several weeks away from it all and I am not sure what to do next. I don't want to turn this post into some sort of whiny drek. I just simply do not know what to do next.

There are many factors working against me, but the one that stands out is the lack of friends. These days I have no friends. It's sad, but true. All of my childhood friends have moved on with their lives and no longer seem to share the same passion for making films as I do.

I'm not really a people person in the sense that I don't really want to go to local filmmaking clubs, or what have you, and make contacts. I'm just terribly and incredibly shy. A misanthrope, really.

I just wish I could have a screenwriting buddy that I could trust or someone who I can like enough to make films with. It's contradictory to say that, I know. But that is how I feel. I don't want new friends and yet I know to make films you kinda need people, otherwise you just a blathering idiot in front of a camera.

So this is where I am currently at; I haven't written a single word in weeks and I have no clue as to the direction I am going. I have some ideas, however I don't want to make any announcements because it seems like every time I post something about a future project it just burns up in flames.

In fact I might one day go on radio silence for weeks and months and then bam! I'll surprise you with something completed. Now that would be neat trick!

Stay weird!

No comments: