Monday, January 5, 2009

2009

I've been doing tons of soul searching and examining my own work and I think for this new year I am going to travel on a new road.

These are some of the changes that I want to make for 2009:

1. I'm going to stop listening to idiots.

I'm not naming any specific person, but for a good part of my life I have listened to what others have said and believed in them. When they said something could not be done, I went with it. This method of thinking has gotten me nowhere.

It is time to tell those who have said no to piss off. Not to get all new agey, but I feel like it's time for myself yes I can and move on with my life. No more doubts, no more worries. It just me, by myself, getting off my lazy ass and making a go at the art that I want to create.

2. Write and more writing

This should be self-explantory. I need to stop finding reasons not to write and for the love of Holy Frankenstein just write until my fingertips bleed on this keyboard. At this point, I don't care what oozes out of my head just as long as I am writing more than a paragraph a day I will be one happy s.o.b.

3. Monster making

It's been far too long and I need to get back into making monsters. I miss it.

4. Get back into reading books

I used to read 2-3 books a day and now I am lucky enough to read an article off the internet. Listening to podcasts on an almost daily basis has made me lazy. I need to get reading the pulps.

5. Deadlines

I'm going to start giving myself deadlines for all projects. I need that motivation to help me stay off my ass.

6. Stay healthier

For a few months now I've been trying to eat less red meat, which is no small feat for myself, and eat more vegetables and more organic things. The drawback to organic is that it's not cheap and on my budget is next to challenging. So I have been sticking mainly to vegetarian recipes and eating less meat which has helped on the food budget. I just need to make sure that I stick to a healthier diet.

7. Finances

Speaking of finances. This is the year that I plan on improving my finances. This means cutting the fat whenever possible. I'm still paying off the credit card debt but lack only about six months more and I'll be free of that mess.

I even cut down my Netflix account due to the fact that I haven't had much time to watch the number of films that I used to. The cable bill is the next on the chopping block.

Well, that's all I can think of for 2009. Hopefully, I will be able to follow most of it, if not all, and do my best to ensure that this new year will be a far better one for myself and family.

Here is to a far better 2009 and best wishes and hopes to anyone else trying to change their lives for the better for the new year. Stay weird!

No comments: