Sunday, July 31, 2011

Summer Slaycation Update #7: A Double Case of Owies

So this weekend was another bust, shooting-wise.  My wife had to go to the ER the night before a planned shoot and which ended with the discovery that she had several kidney stones.  We didn't go to bed till around five in the morning.

The next day she made a good attempt at going out for the shoot but in the end she had to lay in bed while crossing her fingers that the Flomax and Lortabs would soon do their job.

Oh, and our air conditioning unit died on us.  The wife and I had to pay through the nose to get it repaired and the money we spent was to be used on other bills, including a car and tag that we badly need.

Today she felt better and we celebrated a bit at IHOP and were on our way afterwards to grab the equipment when the lead actress sliced her finger on a can of cashews.  Unfortunately, it was a bad cut and any filmming was to be canceled today.

Sigh.  So the whole weekend was a suck-fest of suck.  It's so damn frustrating.  It almost feels like I am cursed. Everywhere I turn there is another sucker punch waiting.   I am so sick of this happening because I feel like I am making up excuses.  Yet I have zero control of what is happening. That is the real piss in the eye.  I also feel like I'm letting down my pal Joe Sherlock too.  He gave me this great opportunity and I am screwing it up for him.  I know what it's like for me to flake out and I don't want him to think I am doing that.

We might try to shoot some this week.  If not we're gonna try again next weekend.  I am truly living the life of a zero budget filmmaker.

No comments: