Thursday, July 24, 2008

A RUN OF BAD LUCK

I don't know why, but lately I've have had a run of bad luck. Really god-awful stinking evil juju bad luck.

It started last Friday when after a trip from Wal-Mart a 2 gallon milk jug exploded in the trunk of my car. Milk was everywhere you can imagine. It was on my food, household goods, and as I later would discover on the bottom of the trunk within the compartment where the spare tire is kept. A great big pool of milk.

Now one can imagine what can happen in the summer heat when you have a trunk full of quickly spoiling milk. You can remove vast amount of white liquid with towels and what not. You can even remove the trunk's upholstery. But somehow, someway. the milk finds a way to stink the car up to high heaven.

It's taken days now, using a rigid routine of coffee grounds, baking soda, laundry detergent, and airing out the car, to finally get the rotten vile smell out.

New rule of grocery shopping in my family: all dairy products are to be kept up front and not in the trunk during transport from and to home.

Yet, that is not the end of this tale. I had a flat and had to borrow money from my parents to get a new tire. A humiliating experience, to say the least.

There is more, but it would be a laundry list of one bad after the next. On the bright side of things, maybe this means something incredible will happen to me next week. I really hope so.

For those keeping score. I haven't written a word in my screenplay yet. But today I plan on writing a page or two. Baby steps and all that.

Until Monday (I'm taking a mini-break from blogging), stay weird!

No comments: