Thursday, November 6, 2008

THE BOOK

I haven't written a word in months outside of this and several other blogs. Time just seems to slip out of my hands quicker than before. But to make things a bit more constructive, in the past I gathered three notebooks into one binder full of film ideas, pulp novels to be, and scraps of dialogue. There is no real cute name for it, I just call it The Book.

Now after months of having that binder I am now updating it by going through it and killing off the herd of ideas, the weaker ones go first. I've also been creating a digital version of it so I can have a quick reference whenever needed. So if I need another bit of dialogue or something new to write I can just do a word search and lo and behold there it is. A really nifty trick, actually. Although, I can't take full credit for that idea. I came across it over at Bill's blog, a place well worth the visit.

So I recommend that if you are in the same boat as I am and need to find something constructive to do, this is the project for you. In the end you will have a great toolbox full of ideas and what-not at your disposal and all in flash. Speed is what us pulpsters need and The Book certainly helps in a pinch.

Stay weird!

No comments: