Monday, November 30, 2009

CALLING ALL ARTISTS

I'm working on something for Christmas and need some suggestions from all of you artists out there who have works that are DRM-Free, licensed through Creative Commons, or just something that you have made and is free to the people of the Internet to do whatever they please.

The plan is that for the entire month of December (during the holiday shopping season) I and hopefully you as well will help me boycott all mainstream entertainment that has restriced copyrights and/or DRM. I for one am sick and tired of all of the draconian and downright evil laws that both the music and movie industry wish to forcefully impose on us. You can see what I'm talking about over here.

So instead of helping out the dinosaur that is mainstream media I instead will be promoting on this blog only DRM-Free, CC Licensed, or Public Domain works here for the month of December and will ask all of my readers to join the boycott and to buy only copyright friendly new media or works.

Afterall, why should we fatten the wallets of those who would rather take away your rights of the way you read, listen, or watch media this holiday season when we could put some coin into the pockets who understand that the best way to gain customers is not to sue them into poverty or take away their internet connection?

Stay tuned for more in December.

No comments: