Thursday, June 23, 2011

Update on my Summer Slaycation

Because of a few setback it looks like I will start filmming this weekend a bit and into next month.  Just learned a few hours ago that a actress and her husband dropped out of the shoot for some real flaky reasons.  So now I am scrambling around to replace a female role.  The male parts are all filled so no worries there.

For the past few days I have been cutting cardboard to make several papercraft-esque machine guns.  Why?  Because the toy guns that they sell these days at stores all look too sci-fi and the ones that are semi-realistic are outrageously priced on the internet.  Don't even get me started on Airsoft and their prices or even their rental fees. 

So what do I do?  I make fake paper guns to scale thanks to a pic of a AK-47 and Rasterbator which I used to print out a template.  The way I see it, if I keep the shots that require gunplay wide enough and the action errartic and abstain from any close-ups then I am gold.

So that is where I am at for now.

No comments: